Saturday, August 29, 2009

Celebrations and The Longest Yard Sale
















Thanks Green Pea for the comment! I went on the longest yard sale and had a blast with two of my girlfriends and as soon as we got back I started school. We had a great time, there was so much to see and the area was beautiful. We started in Alabama and went to the edge of Kentucky. I saw so many different types of antiques. I will take some pics of things I bought. I pulled my 14ft. trailer and drove the entire trip(I love doing all the driving). There were some places that the prices were not so good but others were really good to bargain with and get the low price. We are planning another trip next year and this time we are going to start in Ohio and work our way down the mountain. The two friends that I traveled with were very knowledgeable about primitives and they helped me to buy several things to go in my antique space. I am getting ready for the Round Top experience in a few weeks and I can't wait. This will be my 3rd year to travel to Round Top and Warrenton. We had several celebrations this month: My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary, my dad celebrated his 77th birthday and by the way he is doing really well, and my oldest child, Linsi celebrated her 27th birthday. We have been a busy family recently! I am so thankful for the blessings that God so graciously pours out on me and my family everyday. Sorry it has been so long, I promise I will do better!!!! Have a wonderful week:)

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, I am so happy that you and your family are all well and had a great month of celebrations. The longest yard sale sounds like soooo much fun. Please post photos of your finds....Have a nice week. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nancy, just checking in to see what you are up to. Are you going to Roundtop? School must be keeping you busy... sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, glad to hear all is well with you and your family. No, I will not make it to Roundtop this time. Hopefully in the Spring I will be able to go. I so look forward to meeting some of my blog friends. Have a lot of fun. Blog a lot of pictures when you get back. Blessings, sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nancy, I just wanted to tell you to take a look at gardenantqus.blogspot.com She has some information on shows and dealers to see at Warrenton. I do not know if you are familiar with the shows or not this might be helpful. I was reading her comments and see that finding a clean place to stay might be a problem. When you are there would you jot down a few places that look save and clean for me. My daughter and I plan on going in the Spring. We would like to book early, I would hate to end up in a dump. It doesn't have to be fancy either. Thank you and have a safe and fun time. sandi

    ReplyDelete