Sunday, May 25, 2014

Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint

Have you tried Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint? We have been selling this great product for several months and have been certified to teach workshops. Sharon and I took a trip to Kansas and enjoyed training with Abbe Doll. Abbe owns and operates The Cottage Collective and All Dolled Up. Abbe has several great videos on how to use the paint and products. You can find her blog here www.alldolledupwichita.com 
We are working on new class schedules and we will post it on our Facebook page when we have it nailed down. You can find it here www.facebook.com/FRESH2013.
The most important tip I give about the milk paint would be the mixing. We sell a small battery operated mixer that is great for mixing the paint or you can shake the paint in a jar or just stir with a spoon.  My favorite is using the handheld mixer or stirring thoroughly with a spoon or tongue depressor. After you have experienced the paint I'm sure you will have your favorite too. I would love to hear from you on which you prefer. 
I start out with a 1:1 ratio of water and milk paint and if I feel that the consistency is too thick then I gradually add water and continue to mix until the granules are mixed. Let your mixture sit for several minutes and then mix again. You should be ready to paint your project when the paint is smooth. If there are a few granules when you begin don't worry you can sand those out when the paint dries. 
I will be sharing a few tips that will be helpful when using the Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. Choosing a color may be the hardest decision before starting. The colors are gorgeous and so much fun to work with. I'm working on an old 1930's cabinet right now and I'm using Ironstone for the first time. I will post some pictures when I am finished.
Canton Trade Days will be next week and we have been loading for several days. If you are looking for a great place to shop, you should plan a trip to the trade days. I have been going to Canton since the late 70's and no doubt it has fantastic treasures for shoppers and dealers if you know how to shop for great deals! We will be in Pavilion 4000 Booth 4268 ready to talk paint and help you with your next project! Check out our website: www.freshjaspertexas.com for paint instructions and products. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Mixer

Battery Operated Mixer
Great Colors to Choose

Ironstone
MMSMP Kitchen Scale


No comments:

Post a Comment