Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hutch Top Re-Purposed



If you have a china cabinet with a hutch top and you're tired of the look and want to try something a little different this post may help. I searched Pinterest for ideas and there are several good ones. I sold the base to this top pictured above, so I removed the glass doors and those sold fairly quickly too. These tops are too low and unstable to use as they are. I went to my stash in the garage and I found four cute curved french legs that I knew would be perfect for the look I wanted. I showed my husband what I wanted to do and he helped me get the right board to attach to the base. 
We attached a board that was about 8 inches wide to the base to make an extra shelf. To that board we attached the french legs. 
I painted the new shelving unit with Linnea by Colors of Sweden. Linnea is a beautiful blueish gray color that blends well with any decor. I applied a Paint Couture lacquer for protection and I may put a glaze on it later but the picture is without glaze. 

Here is the finished make over:



If you've passed up those hutch/china cabinets because you didn't want the top, this could be a solution. As I said earlier Pinterest has a few other ideas to get inspiration, so be sure and check them out! 
Have you re-purposed anything lately? If so, please share it on this post. I love seeing your projects that you are creating and painting.
The weather was beautiful today and perfect for painting. I will be posting some of the other things I'm working on in a few days. 
Fresh will be open Friday from 9-5 for all your painting needs. Stop by and let us help you get started on your DIY project. Check us out on Facebook for all the latest FRESH news. Workshops are posted for February on our FB page. You can register online here or come by the store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment