Friday, April 4, 2014

Things of the past....

Today I am posting about a thing of the past. I will give you a hint - every library owned at least one. I was always intrigued by all the cute little drawers and the neat hardware. They came in all sizes but they basically looked the same. Whenever I see one at a good price I can't help myself, I usually buy it. There are many possibilities for the use of this "thing of the past". I use mine in my sewing/craft room for my rubber stamps and ink pads, laces, ribbons, brushes and other notions. I think they would be great in the kitchen for storage of utensils, jars, linens, or spices. Have you guessed it yet? 
I will remove all the hardware and clean the wood with Simple Green and Goo Gone. There is something sticky on the top of the base and a few of the drawers. If the cleaner doesn't remove it I will lightly sand off the residue. 
And then the fun will begin with a paint brush and earth friendly paint! Both of our paint lines are earth friendly and they are not harmful to use. 
In a few days I will post about the color that I am going to use for this project. In the meantime, if you need paint or supplies for painting just click on www.freshjaspertexas.com for all your needs. Email any questions or comments that you may have about the paints. We love helping you get started with your next project. 
Oh and my "thing of the past" if you didn't guess, is a card catalog. 
Card Catalog Before the Make Over


No comments:

Post a Comment