Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Milk Paint Make Over in Tricycle

This little handmade shelf with two drawers was desperately needing a make over. After much thought, I decided to paint it with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint and add new jewelry (knobs). I had a couple of nice pulls from Anthropologie that I thought would look really cute on this small cabinet. It's kind of like buying a pair of shoes and then finding the right outfit, don't you think? 
I'm using Tricycle red again - can you tell I LOVE red, especially MMSMP red! Here is a picture of the cabinet before I painted it. I cleaned it with Simple Green and removed the hardware. Now it's ready for the paint. The picture below shows how one coat looks as it is drying. It only takes two coats of MMSMP on most projects. After this dries I'll add a second coat and then sand with a sanding block and complete with a finish. I'll show you the finished shelf on my next post. 
Check out our website: www.freshjaspertexas.com 
Have a wonderful week!!
Before

One coat of paint

No comments:

Post a Comment