Tuesday, June 24, 2014

1930's Cupboard goes from Blah to Blanca!

This was another great find at Canton Trade Days that I found while shopping there. Canton is a great place to find treasures! The cupboard is from the 1930's and it was in fairly good condition. I used Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint and Hemp Oil for my finish. I mixed Ironstone(white) and painted three coats on the cabinet. Some of the wood on this cupboard really soaked up the paint so three coats were necessary for a good coverage. I removed the doors on top because I like the look of an open cabinet. I decided today that I would paint the doors with Miss Mustard Seed's Eulalie Sky and I will show you a picture of those later. I wanted to fill the cupboard with my collection of blue mason jars and quilts. I think Eulalie's Sky will bring a little color into the cupboard and highlight the blue jars. This cupboard could be used in a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, or a family room. Here is how the cupboard looks right now but I plan to reattach the doors in a few days. If you want to order Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paints go to our website and email us. www.freshjaspertexas.com




No comments:

Post a Comment