Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Doors Added to Cupboard: Part 2

Yesterday I posted about the 1930's cupboard I purchased at Canton Trade Days. I removed the doors for a more open look but decided to paint the old doors with Miss Mustard Seed's Eulalie's Sky to add some color. I can't decide which I like better but it does give me another option and I like options! 
I used Hemp Oil to finish this old cabinet. Hemp Oil is one of my favorite ways to finish Milk Painted furniture. The oil is food safe so you can also use it on your wooden bowls and cutting boards. Dry pieces of wood can be revived with Hemp Oil to give a nice fresh look. After you have painted your furniture apply the oil with a soft cloth or brush, let dry for several hours, and then remove any excess with a clean rag. You can add several layers of the Hemp Oil for more protection. I usually apply two coats to my projects. Would you like to learn more about the Milk Paint? 
We have a Milk Paint class scheduled for July 14 at 6pm. This class will be great for getting you started using this great paint. You can stop by Fresh or call us to sign up. Space is limited so contact us soon. Here are a few pictures of the cabinet with doors. We also sell online- www.freshjaspertexas.com





No comments:

Post a Comment