Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Easy Art Using Artisan Enhancements

I've been using Artisan Enhancements products recently in our Fresh studio and I am so impressed with what can be done with these wonderful products!
I painted a white art canvas with American Paint Company's Cerrillos Turquoise. It took two coats of this beautiful Chalk and Clay paint. After the paint dried, I took Artisan Enhancements Fine Stone and my stencil to get the design on my canvas that I wanted. 
I was anxious to get this project finished so I used my heat gun to speed up drying time. Also, using a heat gun or hair dryer gives the fine stone a neat old world look. 
Once this was dry I stippled Crackle Tex in random areas. Crackle Tex gives a cracked texture that is wonderful for the look I was trying to achieve. You won't get the crackle effect until you add paint on top of the Crackle Tex. 
I applied Limoges by American Paint Company all over the canvas and this is where the magic begins to occur! The Crackle Tex begins to crack and as the Limoges dries take a dampened Sea Sponge and begin removing the Limoges from the canvas. This will create lots of crackle and texture goodness! 
To finish this project I used Paint Couture Glaze to give it depth. Two of my favorite glazes were used - Weathered Wood and Zinc. Again, I used a dampened sea sponge to remove some of the glaze. 
Lastly, I applied Foil Size by Artisan Enhancements and Gold Foil to the Canvas. 
I'll be teaching a class in our Studio on how to create this lovely piece of Art. If you are interested in learning more let me know. You can go to our website www.freshjaspertexas.com to register for our workshops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment