Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm painting again!







The weather has been good for painting furniture and I am doing just that! I bought an antique chest of drawers while in Round Top and I have sanded it and primed it. I also painted a ladder this week. I painted it a beautiful aqua blue with a glaze. I painted a mirror for Haley earlier in the year and I loved the aqua color so I decided to paint the ladder the same color and use the same technique with the glaze. I think I am going to paint the chest of drawers this same color. I am constantly looking at books and magazines to get ideas about painting furniture and what colors to try.
I find myself almost consumed with thoughts of what I am going to create next. I love working on projects and seeing the finished product. I am going to post a picture of the chest of drawers "before" and when I'm finished I will show you an "after". I will also show you the oval mirror so you can see the aqua blue color! Please continue to pray for my Dad. He is home and working on getting stronger. We took him to the doctor today and they ran a CT scan and did his labs to see how he is doing. He still has a drainage tube on the cyst and it is still draining.
Have a Terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment