Friday, April 26, 2013

CeCe Caldwell's Vermont Slate

I picked up this cute foyer/desk/vanity table at an estate sale a few weeks ago. I kept it in my bedroom for several weeks so that I could look at it and decide what color I should paint it. I don't know about you but the hardest part for me is choosing a color! After I finally make that decision everything else falls into place. The first thing that I did I put my drop cloth in the bedroom next to my french doors for good lighting. I placed the desk upside down on top of the drop cloth and begin to paint with Vermont Slate. This is a great color - it's a beautiful dark slate black color that is even prettier after you wax it. After I put two coats of VS on this table I flipped it over to paint the top but after seeing how nice it looks with the original stained top I decided to leave it stained. I really like this look and wow this was SO easy.
I'm going to keep it a little while in my bedroom with the slip covered chair. I can't decide if I "need" it or if I should sell it - I sure do like it.
If you haven't tried the CeCe Caldwell's Chalk and Clay paints and finishes I highly recommend them. They are earth friendly and so easy and fun to use.
God Bless you and have a wonderful week - Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment