Thursday, July 17, 2008

Vintage Lamp Renewal

Headboard with Primer on it.
Presto Felt for Lamps

Trim before the new braid was applied.

















I picked up a beautiful old lamp on my way to Austin this week and last night I cleaned it up and added some trim to the lamp shade and it is ready to go! I didn't like the shade that was on it so I found another one yesterday and I thought it needed a little trim around the top and bottom. The original trim was tiny gold braid. I went to Jo Ann's Fabrics and bought the trim and came back and hot glued it around the edges. I plan to replace the felt on the bottom also and I found this neat felt made just for lamp projects. It is self sticking and all you have to do is cut it to fit your lamp. I also painted the primer on Linsi's King Size Headboard last night. I forgot to take a before picture but it was a dark Mahogany finish. I am going to be out and and about today, so I am hoping to find some new treasures! There is a nice Antique Mall here in Austin that I visited last month and I may swing by there and see what they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment