Monday, January 20, 2014

CeCe Caldwell's Chalk/Clay Paint and Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint at Canton Trade Days

Well one week from Wednesday mom and I will be leaving for Canton Trade Days! We will be selling CeCe Caldwell's Chalk and Clay Paints and Finishes and Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint and Finishes. If you would like to stop by and talk paint we will be in Pavilion 4000 in booth 4268. We will have several pieces of painted furniture, candles, children's appliqued shirts and dresses, children's capris and shorts, hair bows and cute lacy leggings, plus many more items.
We have been working hard for the past month getting our handmade items ready to sell. My mom makes beautiful pillows, ruffled pillow cases, table runners, and chair covers. These are just a few of her home décor items that we will have in Canton.
I am going to post some pictures of things we will be putting on the trailer when we start packing.


Setting up in Canton has been a long time dream of mine and I really can't believe that I am finally going to be a vendor at this huge flea market. I have always loved the crafting and sewing industry and I have sold handmade items most of my lifetime.
When I was very young I was interested in doing hand embroidery. My grandmother, whom we called "Mub" would sit and do hand embroidered pillow cases and I was very intrigued with all of the thread and iron on patterns that she kept in her sewing drawer. My Aunt Scoots does beautiful hand embroidered pillow cases, too. When I got married I knew I would get a beautiful set of these handmade pillow cases from my Grandmother! Over the years, my Aunt has given me several sets that I dearly cherish, as well. Needless to say I had plenty of good teachers along the way to teach me hand embroidery.
Some of my fondest memories are Mom and I going to Silsbee to Cindy's Fabric Store and buying patterns and fabric.  I still love going into a nice fabric store- the touch, the smell of fabric just gives me a high I can't explain. And YES I have a ton of fabric in my sewing room - I will never live long enough to sew it all but it gives me great pleasure!
Well I need to get busy sewing on some of my projects. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful week. If you come to Canton Trade Days stop by and see us in Pavilion 4000, booth 4268.
You can also order paint from our online store:  www.freshjaspertexas.com



No comments:

Post a Comment