Monday, March 31, 2014

Using CeCe Caldwell's Chalk and Clay Paints with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paints

I used CeCe Caldwell's Sedona Red for my base coat on this bar stool and for my top coat, I used Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Mustard Yellow. 
Why would you use chalk and clay paint with milk paint? The chalk and clay paint is a great primer and base coat for almost any project and the milk paint adheres wonderfully to this paint. 
The chalk and clay gave me the texture that I was looking for and I love the color of the Mustard Seed Yellow. 
I added water to the Sedona Red and covered the stool well with this color. After letting it dry, I then mixed the Mustard Seed Yellow and covered the stool with this. I wanted a smooth finish so I used a sanding block and then finished the stool with hemp oil and furniture wax by Miss Mustard Seed. 
I buffed it with a soft tshirt and brush and it was just that easy! 
We love selling this paint and sharing what can be done with it. Stop by if you have time and let us show you how these great products are used and the endless possibilities. You will soon love it too! We also have a great website:www.freshjaspertexas.com 
Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment