Thursday, February 14, 2013

Plan B for Furniture Painting

                                                            Vintage Desk/Dresser
                                  Turned upside down to begin the first coat of Virginia Chestnut
                                                         The Virginia Chestnut drying.
 
The Sante Fe Turquoise applied and the beginning of the distressing process.
                              Here is the stamp that I found while cleaning the drawers of the chest.
 
After taking the drawers out of the two drawer chest I found a brand on the piece that was interesting so I decided to research the name - Limbert Furniture. I found out that the piece was dated back to the early 1900's so I quickly changed my mind about painting it. So I went to Plan B and painted a lovely little desk/dresser that I had on hand. Here are some of the before pics and I will post the finished product when I am finished waxing it.
My first coat of CeCe Caldwell's paint was Virginia Chestnut (one of my favs.) and then I chose Sante Fe Turquoise for the top coat.
I love the fact that you don't have to sand to distress and it's so nice to paint in the kitchen since there are no harmful fumes and chemicals in the CeCe paint. I can throw a drop cloth down and paint in my kitchen. Finished pics will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment