Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Antique Wardrobe Make Over using CCCP

I hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable Labor Day Holiday. I have been busy, busy, working on my painting projects in the garage and in the house. I got so much accomplished on Labor Day!!! I can't wait to share with you all the projects that I am completing this week. Today I am going to share with you the antique wardrobe that I painted in CeCe Caldwell's Vintage White and Seattle Mist with Virginia Chestnut glaze and it's finished with Satin Finish. This is a dark stained Oak wardrobe and it is in perfect condition so I loved painting it and seeing the transformation as it unfolded. I think the more I paint the more comfortable I get with the whole process. It still takes me awhile to decide on the "perfect" colors that I want to use and what technique I want to use on the piece but I LOVE this paint and all the finishes. If you have been wanting to paint something with chalk and clay paints - you really should try it and you will not be disappointed.  We give classes at our shop each month and you can see our schedule on our facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/FRESH2013

 If you live in our area you know what the dreaded black bugs, (love bugs) are. Believe me there is no Love for them when they arrive.  I HATE them - and they are so annoying especially if I'm trying to paint or work in the garage. This time of year they show up and usually do not leave until we get a cool snap - lord please let that come soon! We got a small rain shower today and that cooled things down slightly but the Texas humidity is a killer - can you tell I'm ready for cooler weather?


Have a wonderful day and stay tuned for more make overs with the all natural chalk and clay paint.
God bless you -

No comments:

Post a Comment