Thursday, February 27, 2014

Miss Mustard Seed's Make Over Project

The first step in doing a make over is to clean the entire piece with Simple Green and let it dry before applying your milk paint. The buffet that I'm working on is solid oak and has beautiful barley twist legs. I have made a decision to paint the drawers and the bottom portion tricycle red and stain the top with Curio all by Miss Mustard Seed. I love the richness in the MMSMP color tricycle. Red has always been one of my favorite colors. It's such a happy color and it looks good with everything. 
Since I am leaving the top stained with Curio I am going to need to sand the top for about 5-10 minutes before painting. I like to use an orbital sander for sanding. After I am finished sanding the top of the buffet I am ready to start painting the drawers and the base. Today, I am posting before pictures of the buffet and I will post more as I move along with this make over. 
Stay turned for the second part of this make over. 




No comments:

Post a Comment