Saturday, February 8, 2014

Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint Color of the Month

Are you ready for warmer weather and anxious to work on fun projects, dig in the dirt, or go for a walk in the sunshine? I think everyone is tired of the dreary weather we've had the past few months. For me, I'm ready to sling some paint and try some of the new colors. Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint has a beautiful color called "Apron Strings" that is fresh and pretty. It's also the color of the month for this line of paint. Coral is a popular color on Pinterest and I think I may have to try this color soon. I need to go through my stash and get started on my next project.
As usual, I'm having a hard time deciding on what color I want to use next! There are so many great colors in the MMSMP. What colors have you used? I would love to hear from you on what you think about the Milk Paint. If you decide to paint with the color of the month "Apron Strings" please share your experience with the paint.
My experience with the milk paint has been successful. I have had pieces that I have painted that bubbled and began to chip immediately(which I love) and then other pieces that it went on as smooth as silk and there was no chipping. That is what I love about the Milk Paint - it's not predictable. WHAT???? Yes, you paint and watch to see what the paint is going to do. Now if you WANT control you can add bonding agent to get that smooth look or you can add hemp oil or the wax puck for resisting and chipping. I'm including a picture of the bubbling that occurs on some finishes. This was a bar stool that I painted and it had a shiny finish which will bubble more than a matte finish. If I had not wanted it to bubble and flake I would need to sand before painting and add some bonding agent to my paint.
 
 

Stop by our store and let us get you started on your next project or if you live too far and like to shop online visit our website: www.freshjaspertexas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment