Monday, May 19, 2008

Cushions for the back porch swing and chairs.

























































I was hoping to start on my cushions today for my back porch project but I did more work in my greenhouse and around the yard. I did however take a few pictures of my porch project so that I can have "before" and "after" pictures! The fabric that I chose for the cushions and pillows is a Waverly print. They had a floral and a stripe that I liked. The swing was hand made by one of my cousins and the two vintage chairs I found at an estate sale a few weeks ago. I was going to repaint them but for right now I am going to leave them "shabby". My husband doesn't understand the whole shabby thing!The table in the middle I bought at Roundtop last month and I added the round glass on top. I also took a few pictures today of one of my orchids that is blooming and one of my favorite roses "Fairy". It is blooming it's little heart out this year. I am planning a trip to Canton Trade Days for this month and I booked our room today. I was lucky and got a room in Canton this time which will make it more convenient. When I got to work this morning and I checked my email I had sad news from school. Our librarian passed away this weekend. She has been battling ovarian cancer for about 3 years. She was a wonderful person and I will miss her greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment