Saturday, May 31, 2008

An Early Walk through the Garden

The Bakers Rack with plants
Billy Graham Rose




Pink Dragon Wing Begonia


My favorite flower garden in the yard.
I woke up early this morning and had a hot cup of coffee while relaxing in the swing on my back porch. I decided to take a few pictures of the back yard and share them. One of my favorite roses "Billy Graham" is blooming right now. It's a beautiful light pink and smells wonderful. My Dragon Wing Begonia is in full bloom and looks beautiful in the hanging basket. The bakers rack on the porch was something I purchased last weekend at an antique store for $52.00. It's very heavy and in excellent condition. I am still experimenting with what I am going to place on the shelves. Right now I have put some of my orchids from the greenhouse on it and a few other plants. The sign that you see above it came from my trip to Round Top several months ago. I am getting ready to go to work and then we are off to Canton Trade Days in Canton Texas for the weekend. The weather is sunny and humid again today in Texas. Good weather for an outdoor shopping adventure.





1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh, what a lovely garden! It's just beautiful. That's where I would relax with a cup of coffee, too! Guess what? I have the exact same baker's rack! I just posted my "Front Porch" photos tonight and it's on there. Mine used to be green, like yours, but we just painted it black a few weeks ago so that it would match our patio table and chairs. Your Billy Graham roses are just beautiful - and I have a soft spot for that sweet little squirrel garden statue!! ...Donna

    ReplyDelete