Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Party

I have been busy working on the greenhouse, house, and yard for our yearly softball party. Each year at the end of the softball season I host a little swim party for the girls on the team and some of my coaching friends and family. I will post of few pictures of my yard and the greenhouse later on. My husband cooked hamburgers, sausage and boudain on the grill. (I ate way too much!) We also made homemade vanilla ice-cream and homemade banana nut ice-cream. YUMMY! I will post the recipe for the Banana Nut Ice Cream it was DIVINE! My friend gave it to me this week and it was the best I've eaten. You have to try it if you like homemade ice-cream. The girls had a blast in the pool and the weather was perfect. I am traveling to Canton Texas this weekend for the Trade Days! I am excited about this trip because I haven't been in almost a year and they always have neat places to shop. The recipe for the ice-cream is below....let me know if you like it when you try it!

Banana Nut Ice Cream
1 8 oz. Cool Whip
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons of Vanilla (we use Pure Vanilla)
2 Cups of Sugar
1 Cup of Pecans
3 eggs (beaten)
4 ripe bananas (mashed)
Milk

Combine all ingredients and put in the electric ice cream freezer and fill to the line with milk. I always mix my ingredients with the blender. I accidentally put the pecans in yesterday and it shredded them so if you like it smooth put everything in the blender, if not add the pecans at the end after you have blended the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment