Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Linsi came home for the Memorial Day weekend and we finished her linen curtains. She is going to hang them and take pictures and I will post those when she gets finished. She had bought the fabric in January and then my Dad got sick and I am just getting them finished. She bought white linen and I think they are going to look really nice. She had 5 windows in the living room and dining area so I had to make 10 panels. It was so much easier with her help. She ironed while I sewed and we whipped them out fairly quickly. My Dad had another little episode last week and had to be put back in the hospital but he is back home and doing much better.
Today we commend those men and women who fight and have fought for our freedom. What a great country we live in and sometimes we take it for granted. It's nice that we have a day that we can set aside to remember those that have made it the place we call home.
I only have 4 more days of school and then it's summer vacation time! I am going to Austin again and taking sewing lessons with my new machine. I am so excited about that and can't wait. Hopefully I will learn how to work this fancy piece of equipment.
This was a great weekend with family and friends. I hope you had a blessed holiday and that you have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my blog. Family is one of our greatest treasures. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete