Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Why Yes You Can Paint a Suitcase and Jewelry Box with Our Paints!

My last post was about a question that I get asked all the time, "What can I paint with this paint?"  Today, I'm showing you a few things that I have painted with the CeCe Caldwell's Chalk and Clay paints. I love to stencil so I have added a few stencil's to my two projects. I also love birds, nests, bird cages and little eggs. So on the jewelry box I stenciled birds and a little bird cage. When I first started this business I brought my love of birds into the decoration of my antique booths. The owner has always made fun of me and my birds. She can't understand why people buy those little birds that I sell in my booth! I've been decorating with birds, eggs, and cages for years in my own home and I think that people relate. 
Back to my painting - If you remember from my previous post the jewelry box had a rather nasty stain on the lid. The paint covered this stain and you can't see it anymore! That is one of the many things that I love about the paint, it covers up a multitude of sins! I used CeCe Caldwell's new color, Minnesota Lady Slipper Pink, which is a very rich beautiful pink. 
I painted two coats on these pieces and then finished them with Satin Finish. Satin Finish is CeCe Caldwell's all natural liquid finish that is easy to apply. I plan to add a few ribbons and lace to my suitcase handle to give it a little shabby touch. What else can you paint with this paint? Well come back in a few days and I will show you what else you can paint. Remember you can basically paint ANYTHING! What do you think so far? If you are close to our stores stop in and buy a sample to try or go to the website www.freshjaspertexas.com and we will ship to your front door! 
Before


After using CeCe Caldwell's Minnesota Lady Slipper Pink

After

Before

After


2 comments:

  1. Nancy I love both of these! Gorgeous in pink!

    Laura Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura, I do love the color too!

    ReplyDelete