Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Furniture Painting and a Special Prayer Request


I came home from work today and got busy painting my furniture pieces. I painted the dresser a pretty mint green, the chest of drawers black, and the tilting mirror turquoise(my favorite new paint color)! I am going to glaze the turquoise mirror and then add antique gold touches. I haven't tried the technique of glazing and so this will be a first for me. I have been dying to paint something turquoise since the decorating show last season painted a bedside table turquoise. I thought it looked so good in the bedroom and it just gave the room that punch of color that it needed. They used a french style table with pretty curvy legs. I would love to find one just like it but all the ones that I have found on my trips have been very pricey! I am doing the mirror for Haley's room. She has the black furniture in her room at school and think this color will be great with her decor. I also painted a black ladder for her apartment. She plans to lean it against the wall in her living room and hang blankets on it. I'm posting a picture of the mirror but remember I need to apply another coat of paint and then I will glaze it and antique it, so it's not finished but I think the color is awesome. I have special prayer request for a dear friend of mine that was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer incurable and inoperable. She had her first chemotherapy on Monday. She has a daughter that is a senior in High School and a son that is married and one grand daughter. She is a christian and believes in prayer and God's healing. So please say a prayer for her and her family during these trying times.

No comments:

Post a Comment