Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Integrity and Character











Being a teacher and coach for many years I've always tried to instill in the kids how important integrity, character, self-discipline and responsibility are to yourself as well as the team. As a parent, I also tried to teach this to my own kids which hopefully they learned some of that! Most kids are good kids and have good role models whether it's a parent or a relative or friend that they model themselves after. I had an older friend tell me when my kids were small, "Nancy, you don't raise your children for yourself". That statement is so true.
I see some kids today that are only concerned about themselves and what THEY want. And sadly enough the parents are supporting that type of attitude. I feel sorry for them when they actually get in the real world and find out that it's not always about themselves! Okay, I could go on and on about certain things that really get under my skin but I'm going to stop there.
I'm going to post a few pictures today of my antique booth and some of my projects that I've completed. I have two more pieces of furniture to paint and I will be caught up. I have two very old trunks that I am going to clean up and try to refinish. I have not refinished trunks before so it's a new task for me. I'll have to do a little research and find out how to do that!

1 comment:

  1. Really good looking stuff, Nancy.

    I like your attitude and agree that most kids are good. I think delayed gratification is something a lot of kids don't have familiarity with these days. That's why sticking at soemthing like music, martial arts, etc. can be so beneficial.

    ReplyDelete