Saturday, December 28, 2013

Another Before and After Painting Project

I bought this oak buffet several months ago with intentions to paint it. I'm always undecided when it comes to painting furniture. I never know what color to paint my project. Not only was I undecided about what color but I also could not decide on what kind of paint to use! We sell CeCe Caldwell's Chalk and Clay paint and Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paints at our store. I love both of these products for many reasons:

1. They are all natural and earth friendly.
2. They adhere to almost any surface with little or no prep work.
3. Both dry very fast so when you start a project you can be completely finished in a couple of days.
4. They both have beautiful colors to choose from.

Those are just a few of the reasons that I am SOLD on these products! If you have been hesitant to paint a project because you aren't sure how to get started, I am going to tell you how easy this buffet was to paint. We also teach you how to paint with our paints at our store. We offer classes every month with great instructions. And the best part is, you can call us anytime with any questions and we love "talking" paint! We truly believe these are the best paint products available for anyone wanting to "do it yourself".

The first step that I like to do when I am going to paint a piece of furniture is to clean it well with Simple Green. With the Milk Paint I took one cup of the powder and mixed it with one cup of warm water. I used a plastic bowl with a stainless whisk. I stirred it for a good 5 minutes or so and then waited about 10 minutes for the powder to dissolve and mix. Then I stirred it well again and put the lid on the container and shook it for a few minutes. Once you have the powder mixed you are ready to paint. You may see a few clumps in your mixture but that's okay. Apply two coats of the milk paint and let it dry. When it's dry I take a sanding sponge and sand lightly. Finish it with Furniture Wax, Hemp Oil, or Antiquing Wax. How simple is that? Believe me, you will become addicted to wanting to paint everything! Happy painting and have a blessed day. By the way, we will be in Canton First Monday Trade Days beginning this month (Jan. 1- Jan.4)
 in the 4000 Pavilion in booth 4268. You will find us there with both brands of paints! We would love to show our products and how they work. Mention that you heard about us from my blog. God Bless you and have a wonderful New Year!
BEFORE
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment