Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Young Kansas Wheat with Curio

I have several favorite colors when it comes to painting with CeCe Caldwell's Chalk and Clay Paints and Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paints. As I have mentioned many times I have a hard time picking a color because there are so many beautiful choices!
When I cleaned these two tables with Simple Green I knew Young Kansas Wheat with a Curio top would be my choice of colors. I sanded the tops lightly with a sanding block but did nothing to the base of the tables. 
I turned the tables upside down and painted the base first with the Young Kansas Wheat. After two coats of paint I wet distressed with a t-shirt. CeCe Calkdwell's Endurance was used on the base and for best results it needed to dry for 24 hours before applying that finish. 
The top of the table was painted with Miss Mustard Seed's Curio. This table had several scratches but basically in great condition. I applied two coats of Curio and then rubbed hemp oil into the wood for a nice finish.
These are loaded on the trailer and ready for the trip to Canton. Mom and I will be heading out in the morning to set up. I'm looking forward to a fun and busy weekend! Check us out online for many tips on painting- www.freshjaspertexas.com
BEFORE
AFTER


BEFORE
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment