Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Paint Couture Make Over

I mentioned previously that we are now carrying several brands of paints in our store. Paint Couture is one of those brands and it's an acrylic based paint. I bought this antique two shelf magazine table a few months ago at an estate sale. 



I've seen quite a few of these type tables but not one with shelves in the middle. The top was in fairly good condition so I decided not to paint it. I painted the bottom of the table in Paint Couture's "Moxie By the Sea". Paint Couture has some of the most gorgeous colors so it was really hard to choose! The 8 oz. jar of paint was perfect for my table. I must admit I won't be painting a table with so many crooks and crannies any time soon! This one was a killer but I love the final result.



Paint Couture needs a 24 hour drying time between coats of paint, glazes, and lacquers. It's not a chalk type paint and should not be confused with them. So remember the curing time for this paint is EXTREMELY important. After I painted two coats of paint I lightly sanded with a sanding sponge. After 24 hours I applied Satin Sheen by Paint Couture. You should wait 4 hours between coats of Satin Sheen, if applying more than one coat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment