Saturday, June 7, 2008

Larry's Trade Days


Well Mom and I had a great day today! I found some really good buys today at Larry's Antique Trade Days. I bought some glassware and I bought a beautiful wardrobe. It's still in the back of my SUV but when I get it in the house I will post a picture of it. It is the neatest one I've ever seen. It has shelves on the inside that are labeled and then at the top there is glass sliding doors that enclose a shelf. And then on the side there is room for hanging clothes. I am thinking of using it in my sewing/craft room but I don't know just yet where I am going to put it. The same sweet lady that I bought the twin bed from last month was who I bought the wardrobe from too. She has some really nice things and the prices are really good. My Mom found some cute wooden spindles at one of the booths. She is a great artist and she meets with some of her friends each week and they paint Santa Clauses. She has been painting Santa's out of Cypress Knees but she wants to try painting them on spindles. I think they will be so cute hanging on a tree or hanging from a wreath or garland. I will post a picture of some of her Santa's when I get a chance. She also did the three wise men last year and they turned out really nice too.I am in the process of rearranging my upstairs room and my youngest daughters bedroom. My youngest daughter, Haley is going to move into an apartment this fall semester and she needs her bed and some other furnishings. So I am refinishing some of that furniture for her to take to Austin for her new apartment. I have decided to put a twin bed in that bedroom and make that a bedroom and sewing room. I have a serger, a Bernina 930 and an Elna 9006 that I use for all my sewing. It was so hot and humid again today but we got an early start and we beat some of the heat. I bought two more old windows and I found two nice board pieces that I am going to create something neat...haven't decide just what yet. We left Trade Days and headed to Pappasita's Mexican Restaurant....we love Mexican food. And then we went to Mega Marshall's and TJ Max. I found a few items and so did Mom. We then headed home for a fish dinner with new potatoes and fresh squash. My Dad and my husband were cooking it when we arrived. We have singing group at church tomorrow and dinner on the ground. My husband, Jimmy is the song leader at our little church. I think I may sneak out on the dinner on the ground. I will try to take pictures tomorrow of some of our treasures we happened upon, today. The auction that I usually attend is the Monday night. I hope you have a Super Sunday tomorrow. Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment