Thursday, October 2, 2014

Secretary Desk painted in Shades of Gray

I painted a secretary desk about a year ago and swore I wouldn't touch another one but this one was SO cute I had to buy it and then I couldn't wait to paint it! Well, it wasn't nearly as bad as the first one. The worst part about painting a secretary are those little cubbies(that I totally love). I have large hands and it's difficult to get in the small spaces. I would love to know if there is an easier way to paint the little devils. Any suggestions for painting those, would be appreciated. 
The inside of the desk was painted with Seattle Mist and the outside with Pittsburgh Gray - both CeCe Caldwell's Chalk and Clay paints. The original hardware was painted with Vermont Slate and the entire piece was finished with Endurance - a brush on finish by CeCe Caldwell's. 
I can see this small desk in a kitchen nook with a cute painted chalkboard above it with a "to do" list. You could pay your bills and store you mail in those tiny cubbies. It would also be very cute in a child's room. 







No comments:

Post a Comment