Friday, February 21, 2014

Kailua Coral by CeCe Caldwell - the final step

If you have been following my journey with the new Kailua Coral by CeCe Caldwell's Paints here are the final steps to this wonderful paint.
Let me recount the steps quickly thus far. I cleaned the vanity and mirror with Simple Green and put a thin coat of Destin Gulf Green for my base coat. After allowing time to dry, I put a thin coat of Kailua Coral for my second coat. 
I let that dry for a couple of days (only because I was busy with my sewing) and then wet distressed the entire piece with a t-shirt dowsed with water. This is where the fun begins for me - I LOVE to wet distress. It's your choice on how much or how little you want to distress. I wanted the DGG and the dark wood to show through and that's what I achieved. This new color makes me feel refreshed! For the final step I chose Endurance for my finish since it's a vanity I felt it was the best choice. Endurance is the most durable of the finishes by CeCe Caldwell. The most important thing to remember when using this product is to stir it until everything is completely mixed. The thick substance on the bottom needs to be stirred until it is dissolved and this may take 5-10 minutes. Afterwards take a brush and apply to your furniture. I allowed mine to dry 24 hours and then applied a second coat. It's easy peasy! I replaced the hardware with large glass knobs and this piece is ready to sell. It's going to be at Fresh today, so stop by and see this beautiful color combination. We are well stock in all colors and finishes of CeCe Caldwell Paints. If you can't get in today then you can also go online and we can ship to you. Here is our website: www.freshjaspertexas.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment