Friday, February 14, 2014

Painting with CeCe Caldwell's Paints - Part Two

This is the second part of a series that I am doing on CeCe Caldwell's Chalk and Clay paints. My first coat of paint is Destin Gulf Green slightly watered down. I like to apply a thin coat of paint first. This paint dries extremely fast which I love because you can complete a project in just a few days. 
My husband helped me bring in the vanity tonight and we turned it upside down on top of the kitchen bar. Another great feature of this paint, since it's all natural you can paint inside with no risk of harmful fumes. Why upside down you ask? It's the best way to paint any furniture because you are able to get to all the crooks and crannies - plus it just looks finished.
After getting the vanity on the bar, I sprayed it with Simple Green to clean it. It's not the dirtiest one that I've cleaned but it was certainly unclean. Simple Green is also an all natural product that I use to clean most of my projects.
The drawers that were shown in the previous post are dry now and I am posting a picture so you can see how the chalk and clay looks when dry. The next part to this series will be the second coat of paint that I am using which is one of the newest CeCe colors - Kailua Coral. It is a beautiful color that I think will pair well with Destin Gulf Green. Here are the pictures of what I painted today and the drawers that I painted in part one. More to come - but if you want to join me while I paint you can purchase your paint online at www.freshjaspertexas.com or stop by Fresh tomorrow we will be there from 
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and I would love to help you start that project that you want to "freshen" up!!
Clean well with Simple Green

The Vanity turned upside down so that hard to get to areas are easily painted.

Drawers that are dry

After the first coat on the vanity and the paint is drying(darker areas)


No comments:

Post a Comment