Sunday, February 23, 2014

Did Someone Say Milk Paint?

Milk paint has been around for many years. In fact thousand of years ago minerals were mixed with milk and lime to create milk paint. It hasn't changed that much since it's beginnings. It's still a natural way to transform anything that needs a new look. I like to paint furniture and I love the way this product evolves a plain stool, chair, buffet, dresser, or bed into a work of art. 
Our little store is tucked away on a historical street in Jasper Texas on 403 College where we try to spend as much time in our small studio working on sample boards and experimenting with our paints. We have been open just over a year and I have learned so much about paint and the vast creativity that can be achieved with a brush. I'm one of those people that loves to learn new things and I think we are never too old to learn new "tricks". In turn, I love to teach others what I learn so that they too can enjoy the fun and excitement of a new "trick". 
In my last post, I am getting ready to paint a buffet with milk paint and I'm inviting you to find something you would like to paint and join me. I will start my project soon and you have time to get your brush, paint and finishes so you can join the fun! We are fully stocked with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paints and finishes, brushes, sanding blocks, and everything you need to begin. You can find our online shop here: www.freshjaspertexas.com for all your supplies. And if you're near you can shop our store at 403 College Street, Jasper, Texas and Junktique, Hwy 96 North, Jasper, Texas. 
Here's a peek at our quaint little store located on historic College Street. 







No comments:

Post a Comment