Friday, August 29, 2014

Paint it RED for a Pop of Color

One of my favorite colors in the Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint collection is Tricycle Red. I have painted with this color more than any of the colors and I never get tired of it! This make over was a two drawer chest for the guest room. It was a dark mahogany two drawer chest that I sanded because I wanted very little resist. It turned out exactly how I wanted it. I love painting with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint because I can decide if I want it to be chippy or smooth or both. With this chest I wanted a little chippiness and I controlled that by sanding the areas that I wanted to paint to stick. But in the areas I didn't sand  that is where it chipped. I used MMSMP Furniture Wax and MMSMP Antiquing Wax to give a nice smooth finish. Here are the before and after pics of this painted chest. 




No comments:

Post a Comment