Thursday, August 7, 2014

Part 1: Bedroom Make Over using Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint

Several months ago I posted a picture of a two drawer chest that I was going to paint but as I cleaned it, I had second thoughts. It had good bones and I liked it a lot! I decided to keep it in my foyer and opted not to paint it. 
Well now that several months have past and I saw a Pinterest post on a bedroom that I really liked, I've decided to paint it. I am a big fan of Pottery Barn bed linens and over the years I've bought plenty. The comforter shown in the pin looked very familiar. I had bought that same comforter many years ago and never really liked it. But I loved the way it looked in this picture and started thinking I may drag it out and try it again! 
My youngest daughter has always wanted the beautiful antique bed in my guest bedroom. Since she is getting married and will have a house of her own soon it will be hers and so the changes begin.
I will post "before" pictures of the room and I invite you to see "after" pictures of the room make-over as I complete this home project. 
If you follow my blog you know my favorite color is red and so there will be a little red mixed in with some blue. I will be using Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint for the chest. Take a look at the room that will be my inspiration and the chest that will be the bedside table. More pictures to come....
Two Drawer Chest will be my bedside table.


My room inspiration for the make-over!



No comments:

Post a Comment