Sunday, November 23, 2014

Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint versus CeCe Caldwell's Chalk + Clay?

I bought this twin bed not too long ago and I am ready to paint it but I'm not sure which paint that I want to use. The bed is actually in great condition but I think it will be fun to paint. The wood appliques are so pretty on this set. 
We are getting ready for our family Thanksgiving so I'm trying to finish up most of my painting projects so there will be room in my kitchen(where I paint mostly) for cooking and eating! I'm going to be posting several projects that are ready to be painted as soon as I decide on the color and paint. 
Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint will give me that chippy look if I decide to use her paint. Or if I don't want the chippy look I can add Bonding Agent to the milk paint and get a nice smooth finish. 
CeCe Caldwell's Chalk + Clay paint will give that textured finish that you get from the mineral based paint. No sanding, no prep, two coats of paint, embellish with glaze, metallic wax, and a finish. 
What color should I paint this twin bed? Which paint should I use? Ugh, Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.......
Stay tuned for the end result of this project in a few days. Leave a comment if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment