Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Beauty of Fall


We have a beautiful tree in our front yard that we planted when we first built our home in 1982. We actually planted two Flowering Pear Trees but Hurricane Rita took the other one several years ago. The leaves are so colorful in the Fall and when Spring arrives it will be full of white blooms. It's one of my favorite trees that we have planted over the years. Our house was built in a pasture so all of the trees were planted the year we built. I looked out the front window Wednesday and thought it looked so pretty and I grabbed the camera and took a few pictures. I'm so glad that I did because today I noticed that most of the leaves have fallen and it's not near as pretty. 
Our two daughters arrived late Wednesday night to spend the Thanksgiving Holiday with us and the weather could not have been prettier. We enjoyed a wonderful meal at my Mom and Dad's home in Buna. My sister and her family drove in from the Houston area and we spent the day visiting and catching up. We also celebrated my Mom's 80th birthday with a cake and all the trimmings. Our family meal for Thanksgiving consists of fried turkey (my husband injects them with his special potion and they are super good), chicken and dumplings, green beans, several salads, chicken dressing, cranberry sauce, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie layered dessert. 
Needless to say it was superb and I ate entirely too much! But I enjoyed the fellowship, food, laughter, and fun with family. We drove back home and relaxed by the warm fire that night. Life is good......




No comments:

Post a Comment